Programmatic Advertising is also becoming increasingly popular in B2B. After all, these online ads, which are displayed in real-time and automatically, offer marketers numerous opportunities. In addition to maximum cost-benefit efficiency, campaigns with Programmatic Ads also ensure that advertising banners are displayed directly where interest is highest. Programmatic campaigns are therefore a real booster for your online campaigns!
Success through sub-campaigns
But the terminology is deceptive: high performance campaigns never consist of just one single campaign. Programmatic Advertising thrives on using numerous sub-campaigns to achieve the best possible CTR. This is the only way to quickly find the right settings to precisely address the desired audience.
The subcampaigns consist of an individual combination and variation of the different parameters offered by the respective DSP. In most cases, these are the following options:
- Scope of the advertising inventory used. On DSPs you will find inventories of various providers. Often specialist publishers offer data from their target audience here. However, not all of them are freely accessible – additional private deals may be necessary or the use of a specific data set.
- Whitelisting and blacklisting. Use the possibilities to exclude offensive content such as violence, gambling, etc. and whitelist sites of particularly high quality for your purposes. A wealth of experience from previous campaigns will help as well as precise introductions to brand safety, competitors and industry magazines.
- Device selection. Should your Programmatic Ad be played on desktop or mobile devices? On average, ⅔ of all ads in B2B are already viewed on mobile devices.
- Formats. You can choose between the IAB standard sets in the sizes 300×250, 160×600, 728×90 and the newer billboard formats. The latter mainly rely on flat banners – hence the English name “billboard” for advertising poster.
- Visibility. Online ads can be displayed in the immediately visible area as well as below. Even if ads in the non-visible area are cheaper, you should always set a viewability of at least 70%. This is the only way to achieve the desired attention and high click rates. Campaign visibility is particularly relevant for branding goals in order to create awareness and recognition.
- Keywords. You don’t have to run each subcampaign on your entire keyword set. Especially if you have different keywords, it is worth setting up individual campaigns and testing them against each other. This way you can quickly find the really central keywords.
- Delivery mode: Run on Channel or Run on Data. While RoC refers to thematically bundled page packages, RoD allows campaigns to be played out anywhere based on direct user interest. This interest is measured via GDPR-compliant First Party Data.
All these parameters should not confuse you – on the contrary! They provide you with valuable information about your target audience and how they consume online content. This knowledge can in turn be used to tailor your (sub-)campaigns even better to your audience.